- International Tax Review at 25: What has changed in a quarter of a centuryTax has changed dramatically since the first issue of International Tax Review came out in November 1989. Using a selection of articles – one from each year – Ralph Cunningham and Matthew Gilleard assess how many of those changes have been reflected in the publication over the past 25 years.
- France asserts PE in commissionaire structures againEric Meier and Ariane Calloud, of Baker & McKenzie, analyse a recent case about potential permanent establishment of a French entity operating under a commissionaire arrangement with its Swiss principal.
- Transfer pricing in the Gulf Cooperation CouncilIn the past three years, the eyes of the global public have been drawn to the normally quiet world of international taxation by corporations structuring their businesses in a way that is perceived to be for no other purpose than the avoidance of paying tax. In this light, Salman Bin Hassan Al-Thani, chief financial officer […]
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- China streamlines taxpayer servicesChina has been accelerating its fiscal and tax reforms in recent years. The central government is keen to establish a healthy fiscal and tax system to help optimise allocation of resources, establish a fair market playground, and ultimately achieve prosperity of the nation. Wang Jun, Minister of Taxation of the People's Republic of China, outlines […]
- Bradley made new head of corporate tax at BLPElizabeth Bradley has been promoted to head of corporate tax at Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP).
- Mexico-UAE tax treaty analysisThe agreement between the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Mexico for the avoidance of double taxation was signed in Abu Dhabi on November 20 2012. It came into force on July 9 2014 and will be applicable from January 1 2015.