- EU Council agrees on criteria to establish tax blacklistThe EU Economic and Financial Affairs Council (Ecofin) has agreed on measures to help establish a tax blacklist of uncooperative jurisdictions.
- IKEA Handel og Eiendom loses Supreme Court of Norway tax caseIKEA has lost an important tax battle that could have implications for other multinationals deducting interest on inter-company debt.
- The top US tax controversies in 2016There have been a number of significant developments in the area of US tax controversies during 2016. Fenwick & West highlight some of the top US tax cases from this year, including several large § 482 transfer pricing cases that could provide helpful insight for taxpayers who may be facing similar significant transfer pricing adjustments.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- Last chance to register: Free global transfer pricing webinar on managing BEPS Action 13Only a few days remain to join a panel of transfer pricing experts on December 8, as they share invaluable insights and takeaways on how to manage the challenges arising from BEPS Action 13.
- European Tax Awards 2017: Submission period now openCompanies and firms can now enter for the European Tax Awards 2017.
- UK government shaky on Brexit, but HMRC well-organisedLeaks and murmurs are providing the best insight into how the UK government is planning to approach Brexit, but company tax departments can at least be thankful that the revenue authority, HMRC, appears to be well prepared for leaving the EU.