- MNEs and Belgium attack EU Commission’s decision on excess profits tax rulingsBASF and at least four other multinationals are headed to the European Court of Justice arguing that competition commissioners acted beyond their powers in deciding that Belgium’s excess profits tax rulings constituted illegal state aid. The companies face billions of dollars in back taxes if they lose.
- Apple CEO: 'We’re not a tax dodger'Apple CEO Tim Cook sat down with the Washington Post to mark his five years as CEO and discuss the multinational’s tax strategy.
- Google’s tax woes across the EUGoogle is becoming the showcase firm for European countries trying to convince the public that it is taking action against multinational tax avoidance, but is it all for nothing?
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- PE risks of cross-border services to ChinaForeign businesses offering cross-border service provisions to Chinese entities must take caution as the tax authorities are becoming more confident than ever in looking into cross-border transactions involving Chinese companies.
- MNEs sign Australian transparency code to ward off accusationsBHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, BP and Cochlear are among the big businesses that have signed up to Australia’s Voluntary Tax Transparency Code (the Code) to disclose more tax information in an effort to fend off accusations of tax avoidance.
- Uber tax: US, Australia, and Taiwan chase new app taxesTax authorities from the US to Australia and Taiwan are circling digital service providers Uber, Airbnb and other cash-rich app disrupters in a crusade to impose higher taxes and find cutting-edge ways to subsidise the old economy.