- Danish GAAR threatens taxpayers with more uncertainty and aggressionThe Danish government has introduced a Bill (L167) to implement a general anti-avoidance rule (GAAR) in the country for the first time, which would enable authorities to deny treaty benefits if obtaining those benefits was the sole or main purpose of an arrangement
- PokerStars gaming website accused of €300 million tax evasionThe Italian tax authorities have accused online gaming websites PokerStars of tax evasion amounting to €300 million ($326 million).
- Australian inquiry scrutinises Apple, Google, Microsoft tax structuresApple, Google and Microsoft have denied that they avoid tax during a day-long grilling by Australian senators.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- UK political manifestos target avoidance and evasionThe Conservative, Labour and Liberal Democrat parties agree on one thing about tax: evasion and aggressive avoidance are bad and should be tackled.
- Australia’s managed investment trust tax regime creates opportunities and liabilitiesThough Australian tax advisers and fund managers have made positive noises about long-awaited amendments to the managed investment trust (MIT) tax regime, they say the government still needs to fine-tune some aspects, including treatment of limited partnerships and multi-class trusts, before the Bill is introduced to Parliament later this year.
- HSBC under criminal investigation in FranceFrance has opened a formal criminal investigation into HSBC’s Swiss subsidiary, and will also probe the financial institution’s global holding company.