- Wood leads tax team to KPMGKPMG has hired three tax lawyers, partner Angela Wood and senior lawyers Ross Hocking and Angelina Lagana, from the severely depleted Maddocks tax controversy team.
- Bombay High Court rules in favour of Vodafone on share issueIn a decision that could give relief to more than 20 other pending cases, the Bombay High Court has ruled in favour of Vodafone that in the absence of income, a share issue transaction cannot be subjected to transfer pricing.
- Ireland’s tax deals with Apple “constitute state aid”; Luxembourg’s Amazon arrangement also called into questionAmazon has been drawn into a European Commission (EC) investigation into the tax regimes of three member states: Ireland, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. The EC has said its preliminary view on Ireland is that “the tax rulings of 1990 (effectively agreed in 1991) and of 2007 in favour of the Apple group constitute state aid”.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- Moscovici signals intention to bring in financial transaction taxMembers of the European Parliament (MEPs) have voted 423 to 209 to approve Jean-Claude Juncker’s new EU Commission team, including new taxation commissioner, Pierre Moscovici. The appointment could have a big impact on European tax harmonisation.
- Fried Frank announces double hire of Roman and ThorntonChristopher Roman and Nick Thornton have become new tax partners of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson.
- JWS hires Tang and Grieve as tax partnersThe pair will work as partners in the tax transactional and advisory practices.