- EU Council agrees on criteria to establish tax blacklistThe EU Economic and Financial Affairs Council (Ecofin) has agreed on measures to help establish a tax blacklist of uncooperative jurisdictions.
- IKEA Handel og Eiendom loses Supreme Court of Norway tax caseIKEA has lost an important tax battle that could have implications for other multinationals deducting interest on inter-company debt.
- The top US tax controversies in 2016There have been a number of significant developments in the area of US tax controversies during 2016. Fenwick & West highlight some of the top US tax cases from this year, including several large § 482 transfer pricing cases that could provide helpful insight for taxpayers who may be facing similar significant transfer pricing adjustments.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- Malta committed to EU presidency despite tax haven accusationsMalta is focusing on its presidency of the EU Council, despite claims that the country would not be able to pass the EU’s tax haven criteria if it were assessed – an accusation the country’s finance minister has dismissed.
- The Italian resident non-dom regimeWith the Italian Budget Law for 2017 (Law 232/2016), the Italian Parliament continued its efforts to attract foreign capital with a range of interesting new provisions and tax regimes applicable to potential investors. The legislation focuses on high-net worth individuals willing to transfer their residence to Italy.
- European Tax Awards 2017: Submission period openCompanies and firms can now enter for the European Tax Awards 2017.