- US presidential advisers to address Global Transfer Pricing ForumWeeks before the US election, the Global Transfer Pricing Forum in New York will hear from economic advisers to the Republican and Democratic candidates on September 22 & 23.
- VIDEO: Ireland votes on Apple tax appealWhile Apple was unveiling the iPhone 7 in California, thousands of miles away Ireland’s parliament was locked in a bitter debate over a European Commission order to collect $14.5 billion in back taxes from the tech giant. The debate was fiery but the vote results were decisive.
- UK parliament debates public country-by-country reportingThe UK is debating whether Britain should become one of the first countries in the world to introduce public country-by-country reporting (CbCR). The measure is one of many tax proposals on the parliamentary agenda, including lowering the corporate tax rate.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- VIDEO: Trump’s controversial 15% corporate tax to apply to ‘pass-throughs’Stephen Moore, economic adviser to US presidential candidate Donald Trump, discusses plans to reduce US business tax, tackle corporate inversions, renegotiate NAFTA, and deal with China. Moore also addresses a topic that has dominated headlines all week in America: Trump’s plan to apply the lower corporate tax rate to ‘pass through’ businesses.
- Politicians and EU officials named in Bahamas leak of offshore assetsOfficials, politicians, lawyers and a number of big players in countries worldwide have been named in a collection of 1.3 million files leaked from the Bahamas’ corporate registry.
- Luxembourg remains in the spotlight for EC state aid investigationsLuxembourg’s tax treatment of another large multinational has been called into question by the European Commission as it looks at the tax rulings between the EU nation and a French company.