- Establishing a business in the Qatar Financial CentreIan Anderson, Chief Finance Officer and Director of Tax, Qatar Financial Centre Authority, presents a hypothetical case study of the tax considerations for a company wishing to set up in Qatar through the Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) to do business in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and wider Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- New tax specialist arrives at Hogan Lovells
- BEPS and the digital economy: Why is it so taxing to tax?Devising appropriate rules for the taxation of the digital economy is one of the most awkward challenges governments have set for themselves in the BEPS project, especially when defining the digital economy is an issue in itself. Aaran Fronda looks at the possible outcomes of the discussion.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- Arthur Laffer: Where US tax policy has gone wrongArthur Laffer, renowned economist and inventor of the curve that bears his name, met with International Tax Review to discuss what he would change about US tax policy, why he favours a flat tax, and why simplification should be central to tax reform.
- McAlonan joins EY from IRS
- Tax justice campaigners point out holes in UK’s planned beneficial ownership registerCampaigners including Christian Aid, Global Witness and Tax Research have hailed the UK government’s proposal to implement a register of beneficial ownership as a world first. But they are now warning that the register may not be accurate if carried forward in line with existing plans.