- Asia Tax Awards 2016The official with ultimate responsibility for the introduction of goods and services tax (GST) in Malaysia won the award for Asia Tax Commissioner of the Year at International Tax Review’s Asia Tax Awards in Singapore on May 5.
- Australia uses Budget to introduce UK-style diverted profits taxAustralian Treasurer Scott Morrison has used Australia’s 2016-2017 Budget to target MNEs again, as he aims to collect an extra AUS$3.9 billion ($2.9 billion) from multinationals by 2020.
- PE changes increase risk of tax exposure in jurisdictions where a company has no legal entityMultinational enterprises (MNEs) are facing new challenges arising from OECD’s developments regarding the determination of a taxable presence in a foreign country where the company operates without a legal entity.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- Enter now for the Americas Tax Awards 2016Private-practice, in-house and individual awards are up for grabs at this year's Americas Tax Awards.
- The European Tax Awards 2016 – the winnersBaker & McKenzie has won the award for European Tax Firm of the Year at International Tax Review’s European Tax Awards in London.
- Egypt: Banks made exempt from VATEgyptian finance minister Amr Al-Garhi has decided to make banking services exempt from the country's new VAT.