- LONG READ: dispute resolution in BEPS – the good, the bad and the absentBEPS Action 14 makes great reading for fans of MAP, but fails to explore alternative dispute resolution (ADR) as much as some taxpayers had hoped.
- Mind your own business: The importance of knowing what we really doSteven Ouwerkerk, global head of tax at APM Terminals, argues that to deal with the corporate challenges of operating in an increasingly borderless world, multinationals must learn to operate in a department-less manner, sharing experiences across functions and understanding issues from a variety of perspectives. He also brings a new meaning to the phrase ‘mind […]
- Brand management centres in the age of BEPSIn the third of a series on intangibles, Philip de Homont and Alexander Voegele, both of NERA Frankfurt, look at brand management centres in the age of BEPS.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- EC grills 11 LuxLeaks multinationals on tax; extends mandate for tax rulings investigationFollowing the questioning of Anheuser-Busch InBev, Coca-Cola, Disney, IKEA, Amazon, Google, HSBC, Barclays, Facebook, Philip Morris International and McDonald’s, the mandate of the European Commission’s (EC’s) TAXE Committee has been extended.
- Northern Ireland’s push for fiscal controlA deal to resolve the political debate over Northern Ireland’s corporate tax autonomy has been announced, which will lead to a 12.5% Northern Irish corporate tax rate from April 2018.
- The UK’s tax policy battleground: Gauke vs Marris on top tax mythsFinancial Secretary to the UK Treasury David Gauke and the opposition Labour MP shadowing him, Rob Marris, have shared a platform for the first time since May’s election.