- The top US tax controversies in 2016There have been a number of significant developments in the area of US tax controversies during 2016. Fenwick & West highlight some of the top US tax cases from this year, including several large § 482 transfer pricing cases that could provide helpful insight for taxpayers who may be facing similar significant transfer pricing adjustments.
- Americas Tax and Transfer Pricing Awards 2016McDermott Will & Emery, the winner of the Americas Tax Firm of the Year, has shown the greatest strength in depth on both continents. The firm was honoured at the Americas Tax Awards in New York on September 15 2016. Deloitte were honoured as Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year.
- US presidential advisers to address Global Transfer Pricing ForumWeeks before the US election, the Global Transfer Pricing Forum in New York will hear from economic advisers to the Republican and Democratic candidates on September 22 & 23.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- Ireland’s 2016 Finance Bill: Impact on real estate transactionsIreland’s ongoing process of budget reform has ensured the timely publishing of the Finance Bill 2016 (the bill), which includes noteworthy tax developments for international investors in real estate transactions.
- Build, buy or outsource: Managing withholding tax reclamationSome investors and advisers still believe that the global withholding tax reclamation process is so complex and labour-intensive that it outweighs the advantages, but this is simply not true. Bill Salva, global business development manager at Goal Group looks at the options for reclaiming withholding tax.
- European Commission state aid investigations: A timeline of eventsInternational Tax Review looks at the European Commission's latest developments and where it all started for some of the biggest investigations on tax rulings between EU member states and MNES.