- Australia’s tax evasion drama: ATO rejects widespread non-compliance as it battles Chevron in courtIndustry and tax professionals have criticised the Tax Justice Network’s methodology in its report that alleges nearly one-third of the largest businesses in Australia are dodging taxes.
- Wood leads tax team to KPMGKPMG has hired three tax lawyers, partner Angela Wood and senior lawyers Ross Hocking and Angelina Lagana, from the severely depleted Maddocks tax controversy team.
- Bombay High Court rules in favour of Vodafone on share issueIn a decision that could give relief to more than 20 other pending cases, the Bombay High Court has ruled in favour of Vodafone that in the absence of income, a share issue transaction cannot be subjected to transfer pricing.
- Canada tax lawTaxman LetterBomb taxes taxman "tax problem" "CRA problem" DioGuardi "DioGuardi tax" "tax law" "canada tax law" "canada tax problem" "tax amnesty" "canada tax amnesty" …
- Legal tax sheltersHow John LaBruzzo Wants To End Welfare Abuse www.corrupt.org How can we get more people who rely on government to have fewer children who rely on government? This was the question John …
- South Africa and Hong Kong cut withholding tax on dividends and royalties to 5% in tax treatyHong Kong and South Africa signed their comprehensive double tax agreement (DTA) on October 17.
- Deals of the week - October 27 2014To add your deals to our table, email Joe Stanley-Smith at email@example.com.
- Vietnam’s Decree 91 features tax incentives for manufacturing and technologyVietnam’s Decree 91 on VAT and corporate income tax (CIT) came into effect on October 15 2014. It includes provisions on deductible expenses, tax incentives for manufacturers and high-technology firms, a reduction in the paperwork required for tax filing and in the corporate tax rate for agricultural businesses, which are all applicable for the 2014 […]